ant-user mailing list archives

From "McIntosh, Stephen" <Stephen.McInt...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Forcing the classpath
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:00:09 GMT
Thank you Ninju.
I will try that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ninju Bohra [mailto:ninju_bohra@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 12:25 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Forcing the classpath

Possibly you can create a custom task that extends from
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac, set the classpath attribute in the
constructor and override the .setClasspath() implementation to throw your
warning text..

Steve McIntosh <stevem1191@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am attempting to find a way to force the contents of the classpath passed
to javac.
To put that another way, I would like to remove the ability for a user on my
network to pass any classpath to javac other than the one I (the
administrator) specify.

Ideally, a user could write a build.xml which contains a javac task, and it
would work normally, except that if they try to set the classpath property,
they would get a warning like
"Warning: setting classpath for javac not allowed. Using [my classpath]
instead."

I know this may sound a little weird, but you can assume that I am operating
in an environment where malicious users might attempt to add unapproved or
unsafe code to the classpath.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

I'd be greatful for any advice.

-Steve