ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Check for Env variables
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:16:44 GMT
<project>
    <property environment="env"/>
    <condition property="output.dir" value="${env.OUTPUT_DIR}">
        <isset property="env.OUTPUT_DIR"/>
    </condition>
    <property name="output.dir" value="default"/>

    <echo>output.dir=${output.dir}</echo>
</project>

1. import the environment variables with prefix "env"
2. if the OUTPUT_DIR was set, the the property output.dir to its value
3. set the output.dir to default, which only works, if not set prior.
   Properties are immutable.
4. Give the output.

c:\temp>ant
Buildfile: build.xml