ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doklovic, Jonathan" <JDoklo...@VSCat.com>
Subject RE: setting project classpath from a task
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:52:23 GMT
I had a similar issue.
Here's what works for me:

In your Task, set the path like this:

Path myPath = new Path(getProject(), somePathString);
myPath.setProject(getProject()); // you MUST do this or it doesn't seem to
set the ref properly
getProject().addReference("my.pathRef", myPath);

Then in your build.xml you can just use a normal refid:

<path refid="my.pathRef" />

Hope this helps!

jonathanDoklovic
seniorProgrammerAnalyst
LimitedBrandsTechnologyServices
http://www.victoriassecret.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bridges, Ed NYC [mailto:EBridges@citco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:47 AM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: setting project classpath from a task

Hi,

I have a task that maintains dependent jars for a project, and would like to
be able to set a classpath from within the task that the project would use
for compiling.

I've tried declaring a <path> element with a refid, and then setting the
value for that refid from within the task by using project.addReference()
and the refid name.

I've also tried declaring a <property> element, and assigning that by name
and by refid, to no avail.

I'm kind of at a loss for how to do this.  Please advise.

Thanks
--ed
This e-mail message, and any enclosures, is intended only for the persons to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is confidential
and/or privileged. Any use, distribution, modification, copying or
disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
message from your computer. Emphasis Software Development, Inc. disclaims
all responsibility from and accepts no liability whatsoever for the
consequences of any unauthorized person acting, or refraining from acting,
on any information contained in this message.