ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to select the view in p4add?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:15:36 GMT
Hello Suzanne,

when you are adding files in Perforce, if you are telling Perforce which
files to add by path,
you need to specify which Perforce client you are using; this is what
tells Perforce where the files
should go to on the Perforce server. (this is independent of Ant).

to specify a specific Perforce client, you can

a) set globally a property
<property name="p4.client" value="myperforceclient"/>
this one will be used by all your Perforce tasks invocations,

b) or add to each perforce task invocation the attribute "client"

for instance

<p4change client="myperforceclient"/>
<p4add commandlength="20000" changelist="${p4.change}" client="myperforceclient">
    <fileset dir="../dir/src/" includes="**/*.java"/>
<p4add>
<p4submit change="${p4.change}" client="myperforceclient"/>

Hopes this helps,

Antoine