ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Resnick" <>
Subject RE: Conditions
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:37:00 GMT
The only action a condition task performs is set a property if the condition
is true. You can then use the property you have set/not set to be the
condition for a separate target (using the if or unless attribute of the

If you want an if statement, you can find a task that works as one in the
ant-contrib tasks.

THT, David

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Harris []
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 04:57
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Conditions

So I'm trying to execute the mail task based on a conditional statement.
I'm not sure if I'm doing this incorrectly or not. Basically, what I
want out of this target is to send an email if the value of a property
in my props file is true (yes it is in fact in my props file and my
props file is referenced in my XML file :-) ) If I set
"release_candidate=true" in my props file, it sends the email, if it's
set to false, it sends the email. I think it's user error on my part in
understanding how the condition task is used. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my code:

<target name="release">

<condition property="${release_candidate}">

<istrue value="true"/>

<mail mailhost="" subject="The ${component} release
candidate build is now available!">

  <from address=""/>

  <replyto address=""/>

  <to address=""/>

The ${component} release candidate build is now available!

Rich Harris

Release/Configuration Engineer

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: