ant-user mailing list archives

From James Fuller <>
Subject Re: how can we find which jre home is in use by ant script?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:31:20 GMT
IndianAtTech wrote:

>Hi All,
>how can we find which jre home is in use by ant script?

you could print out the following java property to detect JVM in current usage as well    the JVM version Ant detected; currently it can hold
                    the values "1.1", "1.2", "1.3" and "1.4".

put <echo message="java home=${java.home}"/> in a test target and run it...see what
it prints!

remember you can always access all env variables by using property to
load up env vars

  <property environment="env"/>

will mean that you can refer to all env vars ala ${env.PATH} will give
you system PATH and so on....

normally if you are not fiddling with Ant's own run script then  JAVACMD
- full path of the Java executable, is used. Redefine this if you want
to invoke a different JVM than JAVA_HOME/bin/java(.exe). You will find
it in Ant's own run wrapper.

gl, Jim Fuller

note: that if you just have the JRE available many of Ant Tasks wont
work, they require full JDK.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message