ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Resnick" <abune...@gmail.com>
Subject includes property not working
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:44:31 GMT
I'm trying to include a list of files to delete in a text file which is read
into a property (with properties expansion) and then used in the includes
property of a fileset in a delete task. For some reason when there are line
breaks in the text file, this isn't working!

		<loadfile property="to.delete" srcFile="ant.delete.txt">
			<filterchain>
				<expandproperties />
			</filterchain>
		</loadfile>
		<delete quiet="false" verbose="true"
includeEmptyDirs="true">
			<fileset dir="${dir.cab.work}"
includes="${to.delete}" />
		</delete>

If the list in the text file is separated by commas, it works fine. If I put
each pattern on its own line none of the patterns are used.

I've tried doing all sorts of line endings (unix, windows - I'm on windows
BTW). When I echo the to.delete property, I can see that it holds exactly
what it should. If I then put that text (including line breaks) as the
includes property, it works fine.

I've wasted a ton of time on this but am not able to get it working.

Thanks!