ant-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond K. DeCampo" <>
Subject RE: Forcing the classpath
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:44:52 GMT
One approach would be to edit the ANT script for your installation to insert XSLT transformations
on the build file.  These XSLT transformations would remove any custom classpath in the script
and replace them with your "one true classpath".  You could include an <echo> task call
to warn when with was necessary.  Then execute the build file created by the XSLT instead
of the original.  (You could even do this in a separate script, so you do not have to muck
with the ANT script.)

I can't help but think that globally forcing only one classpath is a bad idea in general however,
but I suppose you have your reasons.

Raymond DeCampo
Software Architect
5010 Campuswood Drive - East Syracuse NY 13057
315.414.9855 x411 || 315-414-9856 f

This electronic transmission contains information from Progressive Software Solutions, Inc.
(d/b/a ProSoft, d/b/a PROMERGENT), which may be company confidential and/or company private.
The information contained herein is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission
in error, please notify us by telephone or by electronic mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve McIntosh []
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 16:30
Subject: Forcing the classpath

I am attempting to find a way to force the contents of the classpath
passed to javac.
To put that another way, I would like to remove the ability for a user on
my network to pass any classpath to javac other than the one I (the
administrator) specify.
Ideally, a user could write a build.xml which contains a javac task, and
it would work normally, except that if they try to set the classpath
property, they would get a warning like
"Warning:  setting classpath for javac not allowed.  Using [my classpath]

I know this may sound a little weird, but you can assume that I am
operating in an environment where malicious users might attempt to add
unapproved or unsafe code to the classpath.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?
I'd be grateful for any advice.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: