ant-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond K. DeCampo" <rkdeca...@promergent.com>
Subject RE: JUnit, ANT, log4j, System.out issue
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:31:01 GMT
Thank you Alexey.  This indeed did solve the problem.  I will take it up
with the log4j team as well.

Raymond DeCampo
Software Architect
PROMERGENT
5010 Campuswood Drive - East Syracuse NY 13057
315.414.9855 x411 || 315-414-9856 f
http://www.promergent.com

PEOPLE . PROCESS . DATATM
This electronic transmission contains information from Progressive Software Solutions, Inc.
(d/b/a ProSoft, d/b/a PROMERGENT), which may be company confidential and/or company private.
The information contained herein is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission
in error, please notify us by telephone or by electronic mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 14:49
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: JUnit, ANT, log4j, System.out issue

I think this is an explanation of the problem. Log4J ConsoleAppender
descends from WriterAppender (or something similar) and it remembers
System.out (or System.err) values during initialization. If later
anybody changes System.out (or .err), Log4J does not notice it. I would
suggest writing your own Appender that always uses System.out (or
System.err) instead of storing its value inside.

- Alexey.

Raymond K. DeCampo wrote:

>Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?
>
>Seriously, I'd at least appreciate any insight/speculation as to where the problem might
be.  If nobody knows exactly what is going on I'll have to look at the source and it would
be nice to have some opinions about where to start (e.g. ANT vs JUnit, specific modules/classes,
etc.).