ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Forcing the classpath
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:24:47 GMT
Possibly you can create a custom task that extends from org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac,
set the classpath attribute in the constructor and override the .setClasspath() implementation
to throw your warning text..

Steve McIntosh <stevem1191@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am attempting to find a way to force the contents of the classpath
passed to javac.
To put that another way, I would like to remove the ability for a user on
my network to pass any classpath to javac other than the one I (the
administrator) specify.

Ideally, a user could write a build.xml which contains a javac task, and
it would work normally, except that if they try to set the classpath
property, they would get a warning like
"Warning: setting classpath for javac not allowed. Using [my classpath]
instead."

I know this may sound a little weird, but you can assume that I am
operating in an environment where malicious users might attempt to add
unapproved or unsafe code to the classpath.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

I'd be greatful for any advice.

-Steve