ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about using mapper to change filename case
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:54:41 GMT
Hello all,

OS: WindowsXP
ANT: 1.6.2

I need files from one directory (tableset.source.dir)
copied to another (buildDirectory\...), so I wrote:

        <property name="tableset.source.dir"
value="${tableset.root}/Build_v${trying.version.number}/Build${max.build.number}"/>
        <copy
todir="${buildDirectory}\webpages\dotnet\TS"
verbose="true">
           <fileset dir="${tableset.source.dir}"/>
        </copy>

All was well until the people who want the
buildDirectory contents said that all the *.dll files
should end with uppercase *.DLL filename however the
people who populate the tableset.source.dir told me
that they unable (or unwilling) to guarantee that
*.dll files will be ending with uppercase *.DLL and
had asked me if there is any that I can handle it.

This seems like a job for <mapper> man !!!

So how do I do either of the following options:

1) Uppercase the extensions of the files that end with
*.dll (case insenstive) as I copy them out

OR an even better option...

2) Rename the files in the tableset.source.dir so that
the *.dll extensions are cased properly and then I
should be able to do a simple copy.

Thanx,

Ninju