ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve McIntosh <stevem1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Forcing the classpath
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:30:02 GMT
I am attempting to find a way to force the contents of the classpath
passed to javac.
To put that another way, I would like to remove the ability for a user on
my network to pass any classpath to javac other than the one I (the
administrator) specify.
Ideally, a user could write a build.xml which contains a javac task, and
it would work normally, except that if they try to set the classpath
property, they would get a warning like
"Warning:  setting classpath for javac not allowed.  Using [my classpath]
instead."

I know this may sound a little weird, but you can assume that I am
operating in an environment where malicious users might attempt to add
unapproved or unsafe code to the classpath.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

-Steve