ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Sorting a property file ?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:54:46 GMT

> > I have a property file that is generated by
> <modified> in a <fileset>.
> > I would like to sort its content so that the files
> in it are sorted by
>
> > directory.
> > Is it possible ?
> >
> > Nicolas
Well, I do not know exactly how <modified> works and
how a fileset is stored as a property file and
<sortlist> was the closest task I could think of.

> Out of curiosity, what would be the point? Since
> java.util.Properties
> extends java.util.Hashtable, when a property file is
> loaded there is no
> way to access the properties in the order in which
> they exist in the
> file.
Yes, java.util.Properties rearrange the properties.
However, I would like to ask you how this will help
us in this case. The original request said he has a
properties file and wanted it sorted in another
properties file.

Ivan