ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <>
Subject Re: depends executed before if/unless
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:42:40 GMT
I think the problem lies in the fact the you are too
deep before you decide to check whether you should be
here or not.

In you example:
   <target name="bake" depends="getFlour, getMilk,
> getYeast etc.."
> if="user.hungry">

I would expect that the "bake" target would have been
called from a higher task which would make the

   <target name="need.a.meal" depends="shopping, bake,
cut" if="user.hungry">

And that the lower level tasks (shopping, bake, cut)
don't have the if check becuase by the time you
starting to bake something you should already known if
you are hungry :-)

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: