ant-user mailing list archives

From wijet...@cse.mrt.ac.lk
Subject Running apache ant in unix system
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:01:35 GMT

Hi, i have installed apache ant and used to run ant for some time but now when i
run this i am getting following error.
 i am using ant 1.6.2 and red hat linux 9 and the java version i am using is
1.5.01.

[root@Beyondm76 local]# ant
/usr/local/ant1_6_2/bin/ant: line 1: uname: command not found
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:195)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

 i have installed ant in my profile at /home/dayan/software folder and i have
set paths  in the .bash_profile as follows.

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
	. ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs
CATALINA_HOME=/home/dayan/software/tomcat4127
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_01
ANT_HOME=/home/dayan/software/ant162
PATH=$HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin
CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib:$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

export PATH JAVA_HOME CATALINA_HOME ANT_HOME CLASSPATH
unset USERNAME

even when i change the path and reinstall the softwere i keep getting this error
message.
how can i solve this problem. i wouls be grate full if any one can help me.
thank u.

tharanga(wijetdtb@cse.mrt.ac.lk)