ant-user mailing list archives

From dbros...@qis.net
Subject Re: Problems with task uptodate
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:55:53 GMT
Quoting Jeffrey E Care <carej@us.ibm.com>:

> I don't see you setting @from; that is probably the problem.

OK, i added the from, and that fixed my NPE. But now the property seems to be
always set to true, even when it shouldn't. I must say i'm puzzled as to the
format of the uptodate task. It doesn't make sense, to my little brain.

I have now:

<target name="check_schema_uptodate" description="checks to see if the schema
files need to be regenerated">
		<uptodate property="schema.uptodate">
     		<srcfiles dir="${dir.source.schema}" includes="*.xml" />
      		<mapper type="glob" from="${dir.source.schema}/*.xml"
to="../../foo/*.java"/>
    	</uptodate>
    	<echo message="UPTODATE: ${schema.uptodate}"/>
	</target>

What is the point of srcfiles, if mapper holds the information needed?