ant-user mailing list archives

From dbros...@qis.net
Subject Problems with task uptodate
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:26:24 GMT
I am using 1.6.2 on windows xp w/1.4.2_06

I generate java files from xml files, and only want to do this if the xml files
have changed. Task udtodate seemed what i wanted. The base xml and java files
names match, so i tried

<target name="check_schema_uptodate" description="checks to see if the schema
files need to be regenerated">
        <uptodate property="schema.uptodate">
                      <srcfiles dir="${dir.source.schema}" includes="*.xml" />
                      <mapper type="glob" to="../../foo/*.java"/>
            </uptodate>
</target>

I am getting a Null Pointer exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.util.GlobPatternMapper.setFrom(GlobPatternMapper.java:68)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.types.Mapper.getImplementation(Mapper.java:205)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.UpToDate.scanDir(UpToDate.java:210)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.UpToDate.eval(UpToDate.java:158)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.UpToDate.execute(UpToDate.java:187)

Unfortunately the cvs version doesn't seem to match the 1.6.2 version, but
looking at setFrom, it seems the only possible NPE would be if the parameter
(from) was null.

public void setFrom(String from) {
        int index = from.lastIndexOf("*");

I use the variable ${dir.source.schema} in the same target as this code, and it
is fine for the other use. Any ideas?

Thanks!