ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lieve Van den Heuvel" <lvandenheu...@vangenechten.com>
Subject Re: Copy taks, include files exclude subfolders
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:16:50 GMT
Hi

Can you send the target that you're executing?  In the fileset element
did you specify **/*.*? Otherwise you might try to change it to *.*,
normally that means that no subdirectories are taken in..

<copy todir="destination dir">
   <fileset dir="source dir">
        <includes="*.*"/>
   </fileset>
</copy>

Hope this helps..

Greetz

>>> mbenic@sun.co.za 1/02/2005 11:10:29 >>>
Hi there,
I am having trouble implementing a copy task. Given the following
folder
layout:
/sourcefolder
    file1
    file2.dat
    /subfolder1
        file3
    /subfolder2
        file4

I want to be able to copy all files in the top level directory, but
not
recurse through the subfolders. ie I would like to see the target
directory
ending up like this:
/targetdir
    file1
    file2

But I can't seem to get it right, I keep ending up with the subfolders
as
well. Can anyone give me an idea of the copy command and file filter I
should be using?

Thanks,

Matt Benic
Axapta Developer
UTi Sun Couriers Division

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude
makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
- Col. John P. Stapp
www.smallfrymobile.com