ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml entity include and protected URL?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:32:00 GMT
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Rob Hills <rob@netpaver.com.au> wrote:

> When I try this, I get errors which I believe are attributable
> either to a failure to supply a client certificate, or failure to
> login using a valid username and password.  I'm also having
> difficulty getting any debugging happening at the JSSE level to get
> a clearer view of what's going wrong.

When you use entity includes, you are completely outside of Ant's
control.  One of the reasons we discourage their usage and recommend
<import> - unfortunately <import> doesn't work on anything but local
files ATM.

Entitiy includes get expanded by the XML parser before Ant "is really
there" and so it depends on the XML parser how they get performed.

Most probably the parser will use java.net.URL and URLConnection to
retrieve the URL and your only chances are to use what is available to
your "plain JDK".  On some JDKs you can set the system properties
http.proxyUser and http.proxyPassword (or https.*) to make the
java.net package deal with proxy authentication, but that is
known to fail on other JDKs or with certain proxies.

As for client certificates, I'd expect there is a way to tell the JDK
java.net classes to use them, but I've never done it myself.

Stefan