ant-user mailing list archives

From alexander.bucc...@na.nykline.com
Subject Invoking builds remotely (Rant, antserver, sshexec)
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:59:20 GMT
I need to execute ant builds on a remote machine and I'm trying to decide
on the best method.

I've written off Rant because it looks like a dead project.

I tried the antserver from ant-contrib and found it was a piece of cake to
get working, but seems to suffer from a huge problem in that no
information gets returned to the client making the remote request.  It
would be a lot more useful if the server would send its output to the
client.  Is there some option that I've missed?

I also got sshexec working and can call Ant that way, which seems to work
fine, but that means passing any properties, etc over through the
commandline, which is awkward.

Is anyone using any of these tools for remote builds?  Any suggestions as
to the best techniques for remote builds?
Thanks,
--Alex Buccino