ant-user mailing list archives

From "LECONTE LaurentROSI/SICOR" <laurent.leco...@francetelecom.com>
Subject Replacing tokens without token delimiters
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:15:45 GMT
Hello all,

we've recently decided to replace all our shell scripts with ant tasks, and I'm currently
faced with the following problem: I need to replace arbitrary strings in a number of source
files with different values, e.g. "http://www.foo.com" would be replaced by "http://test.bar.net",
"prod.value=5" by "test.value=10", etc.
The problem is that the strings to be changed aren't clearly (i.e. with a distinctive begin/end
character) delimited in the source files.

I have a property file where all the strings to be replaced, as well as their new values,
are defined. I've tried to do this :

<copy todir="${new.dir}">
	<fileset refid="filesToBeChanged"/>
	<filterset begintoken="" endtoken="">
		<filtersfile file="${my.property.file}"/>
	</filterset>
</copy>

However, this fails because filterset won't accept empty delimiters. I've thought of using
the replace task instead, but I can't define the tokens to be replaced using a property file:
I have to list them all by hand in the build.xml file. Is there any way to avoid listing all
the replacement strings in the build.xml file and still use the replace task?

Thanks in advance.

Laurent Leconte