ant-user mailing list archives

From John Lindwall <JLindw...@Xifin.com>
Subject sshexec + "sh -v" = weirdly line-wrapped output
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:06:36 GMT
I'm using ant 1.6.2 and the sshexec task, under JDK 1.3.  I'm issuing the ant command on WIndows
2000 and the remote machine is a Solaris 5.8 box.

When I use <sshexec> to invoke a shell script that has the "-v" flag present (to echo
the script as it executes) the script echo lines are line-wrapped aggressively, right around
16-18 chars.  Oddly, the command output lines are not weirdly wrapped.  It is ugly to look
at and I wonder if there's some way to prevent this from happening?

If I run the example do.sh script (below) directly on the unix box, the lines do not wrap
weirdly.

Thanks for any help!

----- Here's what the output looks like:

D:\Mars>ant ssh
Buildfile: D:\Mars\build.xml

ssh:
  [sshexec] Connecting to convair:22
  [sshexec] #!/bin/sh -v
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec] #
  [sshexec]  hello there this
  [sshexec]  is a test of t
  [sshexec] he emergency l
  [sshexec] inewrap system
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec] ls -l fooba
  [sshexec] r
  [sshexec] -rw-r--r--   1 joey   user           0 Feb  8 12:39 foobar

----- Here's the do.sh example script:

#!/bin/sh -v

# hello there this is a test of the emergency linewrap system
ls -l foobar

----- Here's my ant target:

  <target name="ssh">
    <sshexec username="${dbcopy.remote.user}"
		password="${dbcopy.remote.password}"
		host="${dbcopy.remote.host}"
		trust="yes"
		command="./do" />