ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Working directory confusion
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:53:19 GMT
> From: Rick Genter [mailto:rgenter@silverlink.com]
>
> No, the basedir was correct, but the cwd wasn't.
>
> For each test case I copy the jars required by that test case as well
as
> its test data into the test case's subdirectory. This allows each test
> case to be a self-contained unit if I need to pull it out for further
> analysis or send it to someone or whatever. What that means, though,
is
> that I want to define a classpath like this:
>
> <path id="exec.class.path">
>   <pathelement location="./Test.jar"/>
>   <pathelement location="./Object.jar"/>
>   <pathelement location="./Messaging.jar"/>
> </path>
>
> where "." is the test directory. I then do:

Actually, in a location attribute, "." is not cwd, it's always
${basedir}, so since you say the basedir is correct, the pb might be
elsewhere.

Where is <path id="exec.class.path"> defined? In the genericantfile?
Is genericantfile the same build file as the one making the <subant>
calls?

I can't be sure of course, but it sounds like the issue is centered on
which build file create the path, and what is that build file's basedir
when it does create it. --DD