ant-user mailing list archives

From Edward Ciramella <ecirame...@archivas.com>
Subject Symlink badness. . .
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:17:23 GMT
Hello ant world - I'm attempting to create a symlink regardless if a
directory exists where the symlink is or if the symlink already exists.
  What I'm seeing is kind of interesting.

Say I'm creating a symlink from /Users/username/test-link to
/Users/username/someotherdir/test-link

If the "to" is an actual directory, the symlink gets created as a
subdirectory of /Users/username/someotherdir/test-link.

So you wind up with something like:
/Users/username/someotherdir/test-link/test-link

I also noticed that if run twice, with overwrite false, I wind up with
another subdirectory as explained above.  We have some branches that
don't have every directory branched (from parent to child) and people
are using symlinks.  Is there another way to do this?

I looked around a bit in search of bugs against the symlink target, but
I couldn't find anything that looked like what I'm up against.

Any comments/help would be great.