ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to?: add target dependencies
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:01:04 GMT

Hey Alan, good to hear from you!

On Feb 11, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

>     Mark
>
>     I'm now using XSLT to generate my Ant files. Any place where
>     there is iteration, or any sort of logic, XSLT makes it simple
>     and straghtforward.
>
>     I know you work with XSLT, so I'm going to encourage you to
>     leverage those studies.

D'oh!  Why didn't I think of that...?  I know ant has an XSLT task,
I've seen how Cocoon uses it to generate the blocks build file file
from gump.xml...

>     Let me know if you want to look at what I've been up to.

Sure, I'd love to see what you've got going.

The idea of using Groovy Markup w/ Ant is intriguing, too... could be
the excuse I'm looking for to learn Groovy, but that's still more
learning curve than I have bandwidth for right now.  Maybe over summer
:-)

—ml—