ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Rename a property value
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:55:17 GMT
Properties in Ant are immutable - once set their value cant be change. So
the
order is:
- specify on startup via -Dname=value
- order of load/definition in the buildfile

You can override that property value via nested tag of <ant>/<antcall>.

But I´m not sure what you want to do ... usually you do something like
  <target name="main" depends="tar-all"/>
  <target name="tar-all">
      <property name="tar.name" value="tar.default"/>
  </target>
Then you can call
  ant main -Dtar.name=anotherName.tar
  --> anotherName.tar