ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Dunbar <stdun...@gmail.com>
Subject inheritRefs only handles one level - bug or luser error?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:39:16 GMT
Before I open a bug can someone check what I have attached to see if
there is some obvious problem?  The basic issue is that I have an ant
file that calls an ant file that calls an ant file.  In the first and
second ant files there is no problem passing a path reference down.
However, the third file does not get the reference.  Running ant with
-d seems to show that the last file gets nothing.

Bug 4066 has in the comments:

"You are supposed to be able to create your own path elements such as
<path id="build.classpath"> ... </path> and then pass that through using
inheritRefs="true" or using a nested <reference id="build.classpath">.
However, that doesn't seem to work."

This sounds somewhat like my problem but I was unable to see another
bug opened against this.

The attached contains test case.  Just go into the directory that is
created and run ant with no args.  The lowest build file breaks
because it can't find a reference defined in the top level build is
not available to it.

This is using:
Apache Ant version 1.6.2 compiled on July 16 2004
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\jre
Detected OS: Windows XP

Thanks in advance for any help.