ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How can I set last modified date in html files using ant?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:07:33 GMT
At 09:59 PM 2/6/2005 +0000, you wrote:
 >Thank you for your reply.  I tried the suggestion.
 >
 >Jacob Kjome wrote:
 >

 >> This doesn't really seem like an Ant question at all.
 >
 >I thought, at face value at least, it seemed like the kind of thing Ant
 >could do. For example, it is straight forward to insert todays date in a
 >bunch of html files...
 >
 ><copy toDir="${dist.dir}/docs">
 >  <fileset dir="${build.dir}/docs">
 >    <include name="**/*.html">
 >  </fileset>
 >  <filterset>
 >    <filter token="DATE" value="${TODAY}"/>
 >  </filterset>
 ></copy>

Well, if you make a place in each of your HTML files such as @TODAY@, then
that'll work.  Otherwise you could use the DOM to insert text at a given place.

 >I thought there might be a similar to way to insert a last modified
 >date.  If there is a relatively straight forward to do it using Ant, I
 >would prefer it to using javascript.  For example, when I tried script
 >below, it worked fine with Firefox but with IE a dialogue box pops up
 >asking  "Are you sure you want to let this file run active content?" and
 >I have to click yes before I see the result.  I would obviously like to
 >avoid this if I can.

I've never seen that IE complain about the script.  Maybe you have your
security setting cranked up higher than normal?  I wouldn't expect to see
this on your average persons computer.   Firefox is generally considered
more secure than IE.  If it isn't complaining, then you have something
special in your IE settings.

Jake