ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Resnick" <>
Subject RE: "import re" with jython
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:03:32 GMT
For the record, here is the very simple solution to the problem:

I was trying to use jython.jar without any of the other files that come with

Jython automatically sets as its import path a sub-directory below
jython.jar named Lib. This directory needs to hold the Lib dir from the
Jython distro.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Resnick []
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 15:49
To: ''
Subject: "import re" with jython

I'm trying to use the jython re module in ant from a script task.
I have added the jython.jar library to my classpath, and can use various
function of python.

But when I try to import re, I get the following:

   [script] Traceback (innermost last):
   [script]   File "<string>", line 2, in ?
   [script] ImportError: no module named re

This is the target I'm trying to run:

	<target name="check">
		<script language="jython">
import re