ant-user mailing list archives

From Jon Jagger <...@jaggersoft.com>
Subject if junit batchtest is skipped also skip junitreport?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:02:37 GMT
I have a package based ant setup which uses the following...

<macrodef name="run-test"
    <attribute name="package"//>
    <sequential>
       <junit errorProperty="test.failed" ...>
          <formatter type="xml"/>
          <batchtest todir="..."
                         unless="@{package}.tests.uptodate">
          <batchtest>
        </junit>
        <fail if="test.failed"/>
        <junitreport todir="....>
        </junitreport>
  </sequential>
</macrodef>

This works but I'd like to run the junitreport only if batchtest
actually runs some tests. In other words, I like an unless on
junitreport to mirror the unless on batchtest. But there isn't one and I
can't see an obvious answer in chapter 4 of Erik & Steve's excellent ant
book. Is there a way to do this without resorting to the <if> ant-contrib?

Also, I'm using a flag file to indicate whether a test-run passed or
failed. That way I can rerun the tests even if none of the code being
tested or the code doing the tests has changed. Exactly as Erik and
Steve suggest in chapter 4 (pages 106-108). Is there a way to stop the
<delete> task from echoing a successful deletion message to the console?

Many thanks
Jon