ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Hills" <...@netpaver.com.au>
Subject xml entity include and protected URL?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:37:48 GMT
Hi All,

We are using Ant to build website deployment files from our Subversion repository
(among other things).  Our repository is available to our developers via the web using
the Apache (httpd) web server, but is protected by client certificates and
username/password login.  We use tortoiseSvn as our primary means of interfacing
with the Subversion repository which works fine with the protected access.

I have been rationalising deployment scripts and in the process came across the
following FAQ: http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#xml-entity-include describing how one
can include portions of ant script using the XML entity include functionality.

I have this working fine with local files, or using a publicly accessible URL.  However, I

need to be able to include fragments from our repository via URLs.  When I try this, I
get errors which I believe are attributable either to a failure to supply a client
certificate, or failure to login using a valid username and password.  I'm also having
difficulty getting any debugging happening at the JSSE level to get a clearer view of
what's going wrong.

Has anybody else done this kind of thing?  If so, can you provide any tips or
suggestions about how to ensure the correct client certificate is available to Ant/Java
and also how to supply the correct username and password?

TIA,

Rob Hills
Perth  WA
Australia