ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject FAQ: installing on RH ES 3
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:22:10 GMT
Hi,

If this exists I couldn't find it (I have missed things before...).

Q: How do you get ant-1.6x (or versions later than 1.5.2-23) to work on
on RedHat ES 3?

A: Redhat ES 3.0 comes installed with ant 1.5.2. Even if you have your
PATH and ANT_HOME variables set correctly to a later version of ant, you
will always be forced to use the preinstalled version.

To use a later version of ant on this OS you could do the following:
# ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.5.2-23 compiled on November 12 2003
# su -
# rpm -e ant ant-libs
# exit
# hash -r
# ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.2 compiled on July 16 2004

best,
-Rob