ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When do I need to explicitly convert the ${...}'s
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:14:43 GMT
Ninju Bohra wrote:

>I am not saying this bad, I was just surprised that it was already done for me...what
the value of the Project.replaceProperties(...) method then?

The project.replaceProperties() is used by RuntimeConfigurable to
replace the properties
in a task's attributes just before the task is called with the attributes.

Note that this only happens for attributes, for embedded text (cdata
etc), the replaceProperties method is not
called by the ant runtime, it is up the the individual task to call it
if required - most tasks do, (<echo/> for example has this
code:
    public void addText(String msg) {
        message += getProject().replaceProperties(msg);
    }
) and some do not - for example <script>.

Peter