ant-user mailing list archives

From Luke Lindsay <luke.lind...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I set last modified date in html files using ant?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:59:05 GMT
Thank you for your reply.  I tried the suggestion.

Jacob Kjome wrote:

> This doesn't really seem like an Ant question at all.

I thought, at face value at least, it seemed like the kind of thing Ant
could do. For example, it is straight forward to insert todays date in a
bunch of html files...

<copy toDir="${dist.dir}/docs">
  <fileset dir="${build.dir}/docs">
    <include name="**/*.html">
  </fileset>
  <filterset>
    <filter token="DATE" value="${TODAY}"/>
  </filterset>
</copy>

I thought there might be a similar to way to insert a last modified
date.  If there is a relatively straight forward to do it using Ant, I
would prefer it to using javascript.  For example, when I tried script
below, it worked fine with Firefox but with IE a dialogue box pops up
asking  "Are you sure you want to let this file run active content?" and
I have to click yes before I see the result.  I would obviously like to
avoid this if I can.