ant-user mailing list archives

From James Fuller <jful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject Re: XML and copy directories
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:16:29 GMT
Ninju Bohra wrote:

>Well,
>
>The safe answer is yes and no...
>
>Out of the box, the ANT distribution (along with the ant-contrib project) comes with a
number of concepts (tasks and structures) that would be helpful (<copy>, <fileset>,
<propertyregex>, etc...) to accomplish MOST of what you want.

>The one area that is not currently pre-built is the ability to read a value from an artibrary
XML file.  But since ANT is fully expandable, it should be possible to write a quick custom
task, or a small piece of <script> code, to accomplish the XML reading.  I say this,
with great confidence, because I had to extend our ANT build file so that I could read values
from an XML files and put them in a property value and was able to write a generic custom
task in about a 6 hours to do just that.

>If you have a fully installed ANT environment and are interested in my custom task, please
let me know...

>Henning Waack <henning.waack@gmx.de> wrote:
>Hello all.

btw you could just load up an xml file using <xmlproperties/> which does
give you access to value encapsulated by elements and
attributes...additionally there are a few existing 3rd party XML tasks
for assisting in this.

gl, Jim Fuller