ant-user mailing list archives

From Nat Gross <natgross.rentalsyst...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: A dirset,path,fileset...anything that returns ${myPath}/**/ejb
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:33:28 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

>--- Nat Gross <natgross.rentalsystems@verizon.net>
>wrote:
>

>>Matt Benson wrote:
>>

>>>--- Nat Gross <natgross.rentalsystems@verizon.net>
>>>wrote:
>>>

>[SNIP]
>

>>Can the location attribute take a wildcard for an
>>unknown number of dir
>>elements leading to one known last element?
>>-nat
>>

>Nat, it sounds like you want to use a dirset, possibly
>with the pathconvert task if you want that in a
>property.
>
>-Matt

It irks me that I can't even explain what I want, yet it must be simple.

This is what I want:
----------
    <mapper id="mapped">
        <regexpmapper
            from="(${projectPath}/src/**)/ejb"
            to="\1"
        />
    </mapper>
    <property name="pleaseHelp" refid="mapped"    />
--------
If  the from path = /a/b/c/d/e/f/e/ejb, ${pleaseHelp} should=/a/b/c/d/e
If  the from path = /a/ejb, ${pleaseHelp} should=/a

Alas, in the aforementioned snippet, in my case, ${pleaseHelp} =
org.apache.tools.ant.types.Mapper@1aa9f99

Thanks again
-nat