ant-user mailing list archives

From Henning Waack <henning.wa...@gmx.de>
Subject XML and copy directories
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:29:05 GMT
Hello all.

I am new to Ant, I have no experience with it. I need to
evaluate if Ant can be used for a project I work on. Since I
have some difficulties getting the information I need from
the web, I would like to give you a rough overview of my
demands and ask you to tell me, if this is possible. I don't
need any specific implementation, just the information if it
is useful to use ant for my project or some other language.

One requirement for the project is the following. I have a
XML-file with directory names in it, like:

<dir>someDir</dir>
<dir>anotherDir</dir>
According to these entries, I need to access the directories
and copy all files within (and all files in subdirectories)
to one single directory. Also, I need to rename all files,
giving them a prefix with the value of the directory they
are stored in.

Can this be done reasonably with Ant?

Thank you very much for you help.

Bye,