ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Using pcli under ANT 1.6.2
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:50:11 GMT
> The actual task is PVCS, but we can use pcli commands under
> that task. We
> used an Optional.jar in 1.5 which has the Pvcs.class,
> Pcli.class in it. I
> copied over the jar file under ANT 1.6.2's lib folder but it
> did not seem to
> make any difference.

Not really a great idea to copy the optional jar from 1.5 to 1.6.

> First it complained about not finding
> the task. After
> defining it in the beginning of the build script, it
> complained about the
> class not having a public execute method.

This should not be necessary. It sounds like you have specified the wrong class in the taskdef.

> I was wondering if there was a jar file that I could include
> in the lib
> folder to use the pcli commands as part of the PVCS task.

Check the manual for dependencies that need to be met. It's been a while since I have used
the pcli/pvcs stuff.

I beleive the pcli utility is just a command line java program. It's too bad that Merant does
not provide an API so that Ant developers can write real Ant tasks for PVCS Verson Manager,
instead of just wrapping the command line utility. (Hint hint, for any Merant folks out there
who may be reading this.)

-Rob Anderson