ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Conditionals
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:33:18 GMT
--- "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> So, is there a way to get this task...
>
> <propertyfile file="build.properties">
>   <entry key="build_number" default="0" type="int"
> operation="+" value="1"
> pattern="0000" />
> </propertyfile>
>
> To NOT wipe out my comments?  Thanks again, I'm
> learning alot :)

According to its doc, this task makes no effort to
preserve comments.  If you are familiar with the
javadoc on the Properties class it doesn't take much
of a leap to conclude that these are the facilities
being used "under the hood", as it were.  So the
propertyfile task will inherit the limitations of the
Properties class.  You could implement this yourself
in Ant... I would think you might find yourself using
ant-contrib's math task as well as one of the several
text replacement approaches available in Ant (my
favorite is filterchains).  Or you could always
implement in Java or a compatible scripting language.

-Matt