ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suzanne Dorman" <suzanne.dor...@segllc.us>
Subject Getting root directory from Perforce client spec
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:58:20 GMT
I'm converting my build from VSS to Perforce.  I have already discovered
that Perforce uses the client spec to identify the local workspace (i.e.
what local directory the files will be written to).

But now I need to know the name of that directory to proceed with my build.
I can get the root from the client spec via the p4 client command but I
don't know how to get that information into Ant.  If I use <exec> to run the
command, the output will go to a file but then what?  I'm on Windows so I
don't see how I can do a grep or sed to get the contents of the string.

I can't be the only person having this problem with Perforce, right?  Or am
I way off base here?

Also, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but for some odd reason, I
can't do a search on 'p4' in this user list.  It strips 'p4' off of my
search criteria.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Suzanne Dorman