ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Symlink badness. . .
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:55:33 GMT
--- Edward Ciramella <eciramella@archivas.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, doesn't seem to matter.  In my example below,
> if the "test-link"
> directory exists, and regardless of if it is a
> symlink, ant creates
> another symlink dir, one level deeper.  The second
> time this is run
> with overwrite="true" (and with failonerror="false")
> I get "BUILD
> FAILED" and a message about how the lowest one
> already exists.

You can do the same thing from the command line and
get the same results, is what I am saying.  ln -s
takes two more arguments, the target and the link
destination.  If the named destination does not exist,
it is taken to be the desired name for the link and
all is well.  If the destination exists and is a
directory, it is taken as the directory into which the
link should be created --with the basename of the
target (if the named destination is not a directory
then it is still taken as the name of the actual
link).  Now that the destination is known, if IT
exists, the "File exists" error is encountered.  If
you simply use overwrite you should avoid all this
rigmarole.

-Matt