ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Symlink badness. . .
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:36:07 GMT
EJ, what you are seeing, AFAICT, is the by-design
behavior of the ln executable.  We can debate whether
allowing this is a bug in Ant, since the documentation
of the symlink task makes no mention of this alternate
interpretation of the link entity specified as a
parameter to ln, but in the meantime your best course
will probably be to use indiscriminately the overwrite
attribute.

HTH,
Matt