ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject When do I need to explicitly convert the ${...}'s
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:45:14 GMT
Hey Guys (and gals),

I was writing my own task and need recieve a date format from the user.
Wanting to make the task as flexible as possible, I want to be able to support values that
contain ${...} text (that needs to be expanded) as well as verbatim text.

The question is that it appears that the ${...} are already replaced for me on basic attribute
sets...
For example
 <tstamp/>
    <dateFormatter inputDate="${TODAY}" dateFormat="MMMM dd yyyy">

In my new task (dateFormatter) the inputDate attribute contains the value of the TODAY property.

I am not saying this bad, I was just surprised that it was already done for me...what the
value of the Project.replaceProperties(...) method then?