ant-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gutierrez <alan-ant-u...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: How to?: add target dependencies
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:57:19 GMT
* Mark Lundquist <mlundquist2@comcast.net> [2005-02-11 12:47]:

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Matt Benson wrote:
>
> >Looks like your main question is how to accumulate,
> >then iterate, over these modules.
>
> Pretty much, except for two things:
>
> 1) Stylistically, I'd prefer to that the iteration be implicit rather
> than explicit, i.e. a declarative style...
>
> 2) I'd like to have individual targets for the modules that I can run
> from the top level, e.g. "ant modules:module:foo".
>
> If I had those targets and could also somehow create
>
> 	<target name="modules:build-all" depends="modules:module:foo,
> modules:module:bar, modules:module:baz" />
>
> ...which is really what I had in mind for (1).
>
> But if I gotta use explicit iteration then so be it, see below...

    Mark

    I'm now using XSLT to generate my Ant files. Any place where
    there is iteration, or any sort of logic, XSLT makes it simple
    and straghtforward.

    I know you work with XSLT, so I'm going to encourage you to
    leverage those studies.

    Let me know if you want to look at what I've been up to.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com