ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Skip building jar file
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:05:58 GMT
I guess one way to do it is you could use <fileset> along with the <date> selector
and scan over all the files that would go in the jar.  Set the date in the <date> selector
to the creation of the existing jar.

Now if any files are selected you can then execute the jar task.

Of course, there is question of how to get the creation date (or last modified date) of a
jar file... but that left as exercise to reader :-)

Douglas Kramer <Douglas.Kramer@Sun.COM> wrote:
Novice question.

My ant script works great, skipping compile if source files have not changes,
and skipping copying of resources if they have not changed.

How would I prevent building the jar file if nothing has changed?

description="Builds the jar file that contains the class files">

-Doug