ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Properties env (XP-SP2, ntvdm, ant 1.62)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:53:23 GMT
--- saba_emailme-apache@yahoo.com wrote:

> I get an error when I have the following line in my
> build.xml:
>
> <property environment="env" />
>
> The error is a popup dialog with the message:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
> Error while setting up environment for the
> application. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.

I probably should have told the world when I saw this,
but it slipped my mind.  When I saw this the culprit
turned out to be Webroot Spy Sweeper.  Apparently it
does something weird with CMD.EXE subprocesses,
depriving them of their arguments or something with a
similar effect.  Try disabling this type of ongoing
monitoring and see if the problem goes away.

HTH,
Matt