ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs with ant
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:17:22 GMT
Nicolas OLLIVIER <> writes:

> Hi antoine,
> Starting the task cvs_test under eclipse 3.0.0 on windows XP (team plugin
> installed)
>     <target name="cvs_test">
>         <cvs cvsRoot="
>              command="login"
>              output="output.txt"
>              error="error.txt"
>          />
>     </target>
> I get the following error:
> [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess: cvs -d
> login error=2
> Do you know why I got this exception ?

I'm not all that strong with cvs usage from ant, but:

When you executed the above, did you pass that command a password?  A
CVS login needs that.  (Since you are using pserver, I would think you
would just login outside of ant and not make a target out of it, but I
guess thats probably dotn your ts and crossn ...)

Another thing to make sure of.  Can you test your ant tasks at the
command line before introducing eclipse to the mix?  At the command
line, run it with -verbose option and see if there is any information
like a PATH variable.  Maybe ant is picking a cvs executable up from
somewhere other than your environment.

Galen Boyer

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: