ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: Ant should have an ext directory
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:05:55 GMT

proof).

Ant needs an ext directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: North Alex [mailto:Alex.North@tapiola.fi]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:02 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Ant should have an ext directory

Hi

An alternative we have used is to put ANT itself into a ClearCase VOB.
We have one common vob named "devtools" that, among other things,
contains ANT and all of the common scripts, 3rd party libraries, etc.
This means our developers don't have ANT installed on their own machine
(all do have a 1.4.x Java Runtime installed and on their PATH) - easy
maintenance in this case :D

I have no idea how this would work with any other source control system
and we also have our ClearCase views mounted on a reserved drive letter
so pointing scripts to the correct place(s) was easy.

<= Alex =>