ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: passing parameters to ant
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:34:21 GMT
The use of () instead of {} perhaps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Radha Sangal [mailto:Radha.Sangal@pega.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:31 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: passing parameters to ant

This might be a silly mistake, so I m asking for few more eyes to see
it. Please help!

We have an xml-rpc client calling a method on the server which executes
the following bat file.

Command line from "automated_Builds_Diffs.bat"

cmd /c ant -buildfile
D:\v04_E\Build_Scripts\CvsDiffReports\automated_cvsdiffs.xml manualDiff
-D DevBuild1=$1  -D DevBuild2=$2 > D:\test2.txt

($1 and $2 are passed from the client and are tested to have the right
value at run time)

Ant script "automated_cvsdiffs.xml" receiving these parameters:

<target name="manualDiff">

                        <!-- TO use manual diff, set the build names
below. This targets DEV build only -->

                        <property name="DevBuild1"
value="$(DevBuild1)"/>

                        <property name="DevBuild2"
value="$(DevBuild2)"/>

                        <echo message="Starting CVS Difference Report
(${DevBuild1} to ${DevBuild2})"/>

Output as in test2.txt :

manualDiff:

     [echo] Starting CVS Difference Report ($(DevBuild1) to
$(DevBuild2))

Script is failing here; the parameters are not getting populated. I have
tried some combinations like changing the names etc., but of no use.

This is some small syntax which I am probably not able to see here.

TIAA-CREF