ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (GE Energy, Non GE, GENE)" <Luis1.Cone...@ge.com>
Subject RE: Ant should have an ext directory
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:46:12 GMT
Why don't just use the -lib switch[1] and leave all as is? You can modify
the ant script (either ant.bat or ant.sh) to make part of the ant command
the lib switch. Then, you can distribute this modified version to your
department.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
-Luis

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html#libs
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert r. Sanders [mailto:robert.sanders@ipov.net]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 5:31 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant should have an ext directory

Yeah, but I don't think this is what the question was about.  It would
be nice to have a place to put the (global) ant extensions you are using
to keep them separate from the main/default ant libraries to help with
file management, etc...

The best I can think of:  Create an ext directory in a central location,
then use a build process to merge it with a base ANT install; then copy
the results out to everyone in your department.  Not as nice as if ANT
supported this directly, but it might help.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist